We aint no Masters of the Universe
Was watching Animal Planet this Saturday. I chanced upon a program by ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) - www.aspca.org. It is a unit of people in the US of A, who are responsible for upholding the Humane Law. This necessarily means that they look into animal cruelty, mishandling of animals and also that pets are looked after.
These people are empowered to book people under cruelty to animals. Owners of pets who are not looking after their pets can be arrested and tried! It was wonderful to see rescues and the animals' further recovery from their trauma. I and a close friend consistently face uphill tasks, when we try to tell owners to care for their pets or simply ask people not to hurt the strays!
I may make a generalisation here (pls forgive me), we Indians think that the animals are scum, or more that we own them! That we are the rightful heirs to the universe! Since when were we given these powers?
Am i glad to see that in some countries that animals are treated on an equal keel as other human beings!
Whoa! ain't that great! Its amazing how many of us think that we are the Masters of the Universe! no sir, we ain't, we are one among the many creatures, one of the very many!
A pledge, if and ever if i migrate, I'll join the ASPCA! Damn, brand and advertising management!
These people are empowered to book people under cruelty to animals. Owners of pets who are not looking after their pets can be arrested and tried! It was wonderful to see rescues and the animals' further recovery from their trauma. I and a close friend consistently face uphill tasks, when we try to tell owners to care for their pets or simply ask people not to hurt the strays!
I may make a generalisation here (pls forgive me), we Indians think that the animals are scum, or more that we own them! That we are the rightful heirs to the universe! Since when were we given these powers?
Am i glad to see that in some countries that animals are treated on an equal keel as other human beings!
Whoa! ain't that great! Its amazing how many of us think that we are the Masters of the Universe! no sir, we ain't, we are one among the many creatures, one of the very many!
A pledge, if and ever if i migrate, I'll join the ASPCA! Damn, brand and advertising management!


<< Home